Quit smoking counselling by telephone
Most smokers want to quit. Often, they don’t know the best way to go about it. The Quit Smoking Helpline is a telephone counselling service to help you find an easier way to kick the habit.
Thousands of smokers have used the Quit Smoking Helpline. The counsellors are professionals when it comes to helping you quit.
The Quit Smoking Helpline offers information and comprehensive counselling in several languages.
The Helpline is available 11:00 to 19:00 Monday through Friday. Calls cost 8c/minute from landlines, more from mobiles. For counselling in Italian calls well be returned within 24 hours on weekdays.
Outside opening hours or in case all lines are busy, you can leave a message and the Quit Smoking Helpline will call you back. Call-backs are free of charge.
You can benefit from on-going counselling. The Quit Smoking Helpline will call you at agreed times and provide you with long-term counselling. Call-backs are free of charge.
Use the application form to request a call-back
Quit Smoking Helpline: How it works
All advice is tailored to the individual. Counselling can be brief, or long-term with regularly scheduled call-backs.
Typically, the Quit Smoking Helpline advises on the following types of questions:
- Individual quit smoking action plans
- Health related queries (including weight concerns, withdrawal symptoms, risk of disease, nicotine addiction)
- Addresses of other smoking cessation specialists and/or support groups
- How to access further information (including brochures and leaflets)
- How to manage cravings
- How to manage relapses
In a counselling session, we can discuss questions such as:
- What are the means available to help you quit?
- What are the best methods you could include in your day-to-day life?
- Are you concerned about gaining weight?
- In which situations do you reach for a cigarette?
- How strong is your addiction?
- How do you cope with difficult situations? How do you cope with cravings?
- Have you had relapses in the past?
- Do you suffer from withdrawal symptoms?